So many really great things happened last year. What started out as a dream this time last year blossomed into a beautiful store. I just can’t even believe it sometimes. I get to go to work everyday to a place I created. It’s mine. I adore it. It’s hard, but it’s so worth it. This little community that I am creating grows larger all of the time. I have you all to thank for that. Thank you for believing in this concept. I see the potential that the bookshop has and it just blows my mind.
I have a few goals for this year and I wanted to share them with you.
- We have this incredible, comfortable space. I want more people to experience it. I’m not sure what that looks like yet, but I will land on the right thing. We already have a dedicated group of knitters from the area that come to the shop every Saturday morning and I love it. This group is passionate about their craft and it shows in their conversations and their projects each week.
- I want to expand the classes we offer and work with more chefs. I have a list of classes that people want to take and I just need to find the right people to work with. We’ve expanded the number of teachers already and they are killing it in the kitchen.
- More books! Always more books. We already have a great selection but I want it it to grow. I’m learning all of the time what you, my customers, are interested in and I’m really working hard to make sure those titles are always in stock.
- I want to keep growing our social media reach. Did you know that we’re on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter? Go Like and Follow us if you haven’t done it yet and if you already have, help me spread the word and tell your friends about us. I update the pages often and it’s the best place to get up-to-date information.
- I’m going to keep cooking! For the first time in my life, I’m kind of enjoying the process. I’m putting all of this book knowledge to work, finally! My husband is thankful for that! 🙂
I look at this list and one word jumps out at me. Growth. To survive we must grow. We are already one of just a few cookbook stores across the country and our area is perfect for what we are. I’m excited to be doing this in the city that I love so much. So, what are you waiting for? Stop in and visit the shop, check out our many events. We have something for every age group!
The last part of 2018 was rough for my family and I had to make some difficult choices as to what got put on the back burner for a bit. Unfortunately, this blog was that thing. For the sake of my sanity I had to pause. While the family is still in the midst of this rough patch, I hope we’re starting to see some daylight and I can get back on track here. Life certainly has a way of getting in the way sometimes!
It’s my hope that this year brings you much love and happiness and great times in your kitchen!!